by David Sanchez, Anxiety Counselor in Charlotte, NC
In today’s fast paced world men are taught that they need to work hard and absolutely under no circumstances are they to fail. Failure is unacceptable and with all this pressure it is easier to see why they develop anxiety symptoms from fear of failure.
The following are some symptoms of anxiety:
- feelings of danger, panic, or dread
- rapid heart rate
- restlessness or being tense
- heavy sweating
- rapid breathing, or hyperventalating
- trembling or muscle twitching
- weakness and fatigue
- difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- sleep issues
- digestive problems, diarrhea and/or constipation
- avoid things that trigger your anxiety
- obsessions about certain ideas and/or compulsions(OCD)
- anxiety surrounding a particular event or experience that has already occurred, which may lead to PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder).
Anxiety does not discriminate and by all means affects all ages, races, social-economic, religious and genders. However; when it comes to men, they often keep this hidden. Some of the ways they do this is my self-medicating or numbing their emotions with alcohol, drugs, television, sex/porn, food, sports etc. They may be able to function, however; in some cases this “numbing” behavior can lead to health problems and even an addiction. Is this happening to you or someone you care about?
Take the first step by taking this screening: Anxiety Screening
If you are someone you care about is struggling with anxiety symptoms please make sure you receive support. For more information, please call me at (980) 263-9608 or schedule online at Schedule Appointment
David Sanchez, LPC, LCAS, CSAT is located in Charlotte, NC, but can also assist individuals living anywhere in North Carolina through e-therapy.